Monday, February 22, 2010

Little Brother!!!

To prepare Dallin for my ultrasound this afternoon, I got out his ultrasound pictures to show him what he would see today.  At first he said, "Look a dinosaur!" followed by "Look it's an Astronaut!" at the end he finally decided that he was looking at Dallin.  He was excited to go and see the baby.  He kept  switching from telling us he was having a baby sister or baby brother.  Most often he would say baby sister.  However, our baby showed us right away that:
IT'S A BOY!!
We are very excited for our baby boy to join our family this summer.  He is due to arrive July 14, 2010.  We cannot wait for our baby boy to arrive.  We celebrated by going to dinner and Doug spoiled me by taking me to Babies R Us to buy him an outfit.  Dallin also got to pick him out some onesies.  We then had to finish the evening by getting Dallin some soccer gear for his upcoming soccer class.  We are excited that Dallin will have a little brother to play with.  We haven't decided on a name for this baby boy but we'll have one picked out before he arrives this summer.

13 comments:

aabrownfamily said...

Congrats! Dallin will love having a littl brother to play with.

Cheryl said...

I am so excited for you! Dallin will have so much fun with a little brother to play with!!! 2 boys will be a lot of fun!

Caid and Amy Wride said...

Boys are fun! Dallin will have tons of fun with a brother. Caleb is finally getting old enough that he can play with Brendon. It is fun to watch. I am excited for you guys!

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

Dinosaur and astronaut...awesome!

I can't wait to meet Baby!!

Amanda Ann Hansen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna said...

Melissa! First of all, I did not know you had a BLOG! I am adding you to my friend list :) Second of all, CONGRATS!! We are so excited for your new little boy. It will be so cute for Dallin to have a brother to play with.

Jenna said...

P.S. Our blog is bennettandjenna.blogspot.com :)

Loralee said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys.

Natalie said...

that is SOOOO great melissa!!! I am so excited for you!
see you down in dallas in a few months!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations!!! Looks like you guys have a fun and busy couple months ahead of you!

Craig, Toshya and Mckayla Holley said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you!

Rachel said...

Congrats!! Also, on the new house!! How fun! I can't wait to see all the pics!!

Jenny said...

Congratulations on the new baby and new home- the home looks like it will be gorgeous- so exciting for you guys! We just visited Dallas, but it was a short trip- next time we'll try to come say Hello! good luck with everything!