Sunday, July 04, 2010

Introducing Amos Jedediah Hansen

Amos Jedediah Hansen made his grand entrance into the world at 8:02 AM on July 3.  Initial stats were 9 lbs. 3 oz. and 21 in.  We weren't quite expecting him to come so soon, but we are so excited he is here and so grateful that he and Melissa are both doing well.  Amos also has a very proud big brother who loves to help make Amos happy.  

We celebrated the 4th of July by bringing Melissa and Amos home to our new house today.  However, since Amos came less than two hours before we were planning on moving, his poor mother now has to sleep on an air mattress until we can arrange for movers to get our furniture out of our apartment.  Fortunately both of the boys have beds that I was able to transport myself and are sleeping comfortably.

And since you really don't want to read my ramblings, here are some pictures:











12 comments:

Grandma B said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. The one of Dallin holding Amos brought the tears to my eyes. Can't wait until I can see both of them in person.

Caid and Amy Wride said...

Congratulations! He is adorable.

Natalie said...

congrats! i am so glad he and Melissa are doing well and that you got to come home to your new house!

Stacy said...

Aaah! He's early! My mom told me last night that you'd had the baby, and I couldn't believe it! Silly boy couldn't wait until you at least got your stuff moved?! I love the pictures. He is absolutely adorable, and I agree that the picture of Dallin with his new baby brother is darling. Congratulations!

Cheryl said...

Congrats Melissa!! He is so adorable, and has the most squishy looking cheeks, I love it!!!

Amber said...

Congrats! He is beautiful, and in the last few pictures I can see a little Dallin...but he has his own look. Wish I could come help you move in! Best of luck!

aabrownfamily said...

congrats Melissa! That's so exciting. Two cute boys now. So happy for you.

Rachel said...

OMGoodness, I just cried a little. And, I think movers are just the perfect present for the new mom :) Congrats, guys!! ((hugs))

Jennett said...

Congrats Melissa!!!!! I am still in Chicago but when I get back I will come and visit that adorable little boy :) I am so excited for your family!

Amanda Robbins said...

Congratulations! He is soooo cute! He will love having his Brithday on the 3rd, there is always a party going on, it least thats how it is for me. July 3rd is the best day for a birthday.

Craig, Toshya and Mckayla Holley said...

Congrats! He is adorable! Best Birthday ever, (it's mine too!) glad to hear that all are doing well!

Haley said...

What a doll baby! He is adorable and I love the pics of you and both your boys! Congrats!