Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pictures and New Skills

No one can make Amos laugh like his big brother. Amos loves Dallin and Dallin loves Amos, even though he occasionally claims otherwise. They both continue to grow and develop all the time. The other day while we were driving, when Amos was "talking" in the back seat, Dallin tells me "Mommy, Amos is learning his alphabet." I just thought that was so adorable. When Amos gets fussy Dallin loves to sing him the alphabet to help him feel better. Dallin is very good to his little brother.
For 4 weeks in October and November, Dallin was in a soccer class. He learned some basic soccer skills and then at the end of class each they all ran after the ball trying to score a goal. Dallin did great and loved going to his soccer class. He scored some goals and got better each week at all the soccer skills. His imagination continues to grow. For example, he found a roll of toilet paper and thought it would make the perfect road for his cars. He is still enjoying preschool and looks forward to going every Monday and Wednesday. He had a Thanksgiving feast at preschool that I was able to attend; the kids learned a scarecrow song that they sang for the parents, but Dallin got a little shy and wouldn't sing, though his teacher told me he's usually the loudest in the class.
Amos is as cute as ever and just gets cuter everyday. He has found his thumb and he will usually only go to sleep with his thumb in his mouth and his other hand over his ear. He is starting to play with toys.
Look I'm on my Tummy!!! It's official, he's rolling over. I put Amos on his back on the ground to go and help Doug outside for a minute and when I came back he was on his tummy. He's been really close for a couple of weeks and I was so sad I missed the big event. Luckily, he did it again and again that night, so I was able to document the event properly. Once he got over being scared he was very proud of himself. It probably helped that he had Mama and Dallin cheering him on.
Here's the step by step. First, he rolled to his side sucking on his thumb and then he decided he didn't need to suck on his thumb anymore and went to his tummy. The next day he even went from back to tummy and tummy to back.

No comments: