Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Enjoying Spring...

We have loved the warm weather and we have gone to the park often in the last couple of weeks. The boys are enjoying the outdoors and getting out of the house. One day we went the park twice and Dallin went to bed so well that night. We took a picnic to the park today, and I'm sure we'll have a lot more this spring. Dallin has improved his climbing wall skills and can now go up and over the wall at the park. He is also getting better on the monkey bars. He loves making new friends and playing with the other kids at the park. He likes playing in the sand as well and loves when we take his sand toys. Amos seems to enjoy going to the park and being outside. He loves swinging and gets a cute little smile/giggle when I swing him. He loves going down the slide. He likes sitting on a blanket and really wants to play in the grass, but mom doesn't want him to eat the grass so I don't let him.
*One day when it was warm, I let Dallin play with some water in the back yard with his sand toys, he had so much fun. It has been so nice to get outside and play. While I was weeding in the front yard, Dallin dug a hole looking for treasures.
*He loves playing with his cars outside and Amos enjoys watching them as they go all over. *Dallin is such a good big brother and the other day it was so cute listening to him read Amos stories.
*Dallin thinks it's really funny to put his clothes on the wrong way. He'll put his shoes on the wrong feet or his pants on backwards and he just laughs, and laughs. He thought it was really clever when he put his pajama shirt on his legs and run around the room.
*Dallin has been learning about bugs and reptiles at preschool and they had a show and tell about them. He was so excited to take his turtle from our cruise to show to his class. He got really excited when I told him I would print off a picture of him with a turtle.
*Amos got a puppy from one of my showers and Dallin loves it because if you push the tummy it barks. Dallin has decided that it's his magic puppy. He would love to have a pet despite his daily request we will not be getting an animal anytime. He has learned that when he is a dad he can have a puppy. For now he'll have to play with his magic puppy.
Amos is getting so big! He is 8 months and is sitting up and he's starting to move around a little bit. He doesn't like rolling over so sometimes he's scoot sitting up to get what he wants. Most of time he just reaches as far as his little arms can go. He has started getting into the crawling position more and more. He'll rock back and forth and he has moved a little bit. I've found him sitting up in his crib when he wakes up. He loves to play with his toys and he loves to read (eat) books. His favorite things to go after are the remote and my computer cord. We don't let him play with them and he gets mad when we take them away.
We experienced an unsual Friday in February because Dallin had a make-up day for preschool. It was fun to have Amos along that day and I broke out the camera and got some cute pictures of him playing by himself without help from his older brother. It was fun to see Amos by himself as his is starting to get more independent when playing. I love that I can sit him up next to a box of toys and he can be entertained for a long time. He just went from one toy to the next until the box was empty and then he went after the box. He doesn't like to roll off his tummy and he can cry for a long time on his tummy he gets stuck when he tries to roll over because he won't move his arm as you can see in the picture above. I don't think he'll get to things by rolling over, it looks like he'll be crawling any day now. He really likes to stand up next to things with help.

2 comments:

aabrownfamily said...

I can't believe it's warm enough already for your kids to play outside without even a jacket on. So jealous! Can't wait for some warm weather here. You're kids are so cute!

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness, what cute pictures! That Amos is really growing. Love his big baby smile! Miss you!