Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Little Boy is Growing Up!


Dallin turned 16-months today. He is certainly growing up fast. My life has certainly changed since he came into the world, for the better of course. I love staying at home with him watching him grow and learn new things. I realized I never posted his 1 year pictures, so here are some of my favorites, along with one I took of him in his Duke basketball outfit (my favorite outfit btw) the other day. Here a list of things about Dallin:
*He loves to play outside and to explore new things.
*He loves water, he splashes around in the tub and loves to go swimming. The other while we went to do laundry, I barely caught him before he jumped in the pool at our apartment complex.
*He has 12 teeth and loves to brush them, any time he goes into the bathroom he goes where his toothbrush is and lets me know he would like to brush his teeth. *He loves to eat, well only certain things, but he's getting better. I feel like he is always changing in that department though.
*He loves to travel, well maybe just his mom and dad loves to travel. He has been to 18 different states and 1 foreign country. He seems to enjoy the things we do, so hopefully he doesn't mind it.
*He loves to talk, we can't always understand the things he says but he loves to talk to us all the time. Every now then we can understand a word or two. His favorite as of late are: ball, baby, and no no no.
*He loves pens and paper, he loves to walk around with a pen and every now then he tries to draw on paper.
*He loves to play with his cars these days. He always pushes them on the ground and says "vroom, vroom." It's the cutest thing.
*He loves animals and fish. It's so cute to watch him look at them. Yesterday, while we were on a walk we saw some animals and I pointed at them and said "Look a bunny." So he would then point and jabber, it was so cute.
*He loves sports and balls, basketball is his favorite, I know I shock to anyone who has the blog.
*He loves to read, lately he has been very good at sitting in my lap and listening to stories very good.
*He learned how open the front door at our apartment, so I've just learned to keep it locked. Because he was ready to go outside before Doug and I one day and he opened the door and took off.
*He still loves his blanket, but doesn't suck on his middle two fingers for comfort anymore.
*He play with our computer all the time. Doug and I have certainly learned more about our computer since we had Dallin. Just so you know when you push Ctrl, Alt, and the left arrow, everything on your screen turns sideways. Ctrl, Alt, and the up arrow fixes it.
*He loves to throw temper tantrums. He runs in the other room and throws himself on the ground.
*He is starting to get better at climbing and he is becoming more brave, if he only sees one step he thinks he is big enough to walk up it.
I guess that's enough about Dallin for now. I love my little boy. It is so much fun to watch him grow and discover life.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a cute boy! Sounds like you have a really great kid! I also enjoy staying at home with my kids. Its the best job ever!

Jason & Jennifer Lott said...

he is such a cutie!! Love your new page topper on the blog.