
When I woke up on July 24th I was a little disappointed that we weren't in Utah and Doug didn't have the day off. So I dressed Dallin in his red, white, and blue outfit, in order to celebrate the Utah holiday. Even though we don't live in Utah, it does have special meaning to our family since we both grew up in Utah and we're LDS. So in order to celebrate I took Dallin to a park. He had so much fun and we played for an hour. Then we went home and Dallin had a blast. He played with his cars many of the pictures from the previous post were taken on Pioneer Day.

In between playing with his cars, he enjoyed dumping all of the balls out his ball park and playing with it while it was resting against the couch. He loved kicking the balls around the living room. After all the fun in the morning he had lunch and took a good nap. When he woke up from his nap we went over to Lake Highlands and went swimming with his new friend Josh (that we met at a K&L Gates activity, Josh is only 10 days older than Dallin). The boys had so much fun. When we left swimming we went to pick up Doug from the Dart station. Doug went to the horse races that night, so Dallin and I had the evening to ourselves.

Since we had just gone swimming, I let Dallin eat his dinner in his diaper. We had his favorite Mac 'n Cheese for dinner, he is learning to eat with a fork and that can be pretty messy so eating in his diaper was fine with me. Since he was already in his diaper I decided to give him a popsicle. I learned why whenever I give him a popsicle I take it off the stick and feed it to him with a spoon. Allowing Dallin to eat it from the stick is very messy. Dallin had so much fun I actually didn't mind the mess.

Dallin loved eating his popsicle and doesn't he look cute with a blue chin to match his blue eyes. Since Doug was gone I gave Dallin a bath and we watched a new Elmo movie then Dallin went to bed. I then enjoyed the rest of the evening by doing my new hobby digital scrapbooking. We had a wonderful holiday. I am grateful for the pioneers and for all they went through to make Utah the state it is today.
No comments:
Post a Comment