Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know that Thanksgiving was a long time ago, but sense I started this post the Sunday after Thanksgiving I thought I should finish it.  Sorry it's taken me so long to get the blog updated.
We had fun this year talking to Dallin about Thanksgiving.  The night before Thanksgiving we read some stories that my mom sent us.  Tom the Turkey was Dallin's favorite and he loved holding all the pieces to the story.  After we read some stories we made turkey hats.  It took Dallin a few minutes before he would put it on, but when he did he loved wearing it around the house.  Doug and Dallin finished the night by playing football in our living room.  It was a good night and even better because Doug had a break from school.
Thanksgiving was a relaxing day this year.  We woke up and Doug made us breakfast while I looked at the Black Friday ads and watched the parade.  Dallin loved the parade and danced around our living room as he watched it.  Doug and I (well mostly Doug) got the items we were taking to dinner that afternoon.  We then went over to a friends house for dinner and games.  We had a great time and then I went home and fell asleep on the couch while Dallin watched a movie on my computer.  Dallin didn't want to watch football with Daddy.  It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and we have so much to be thankful for.  Before Thanksgiving Doug and I were talking about how blessed we are.  I am so thankful to my wonderful husband who takes great care of Dallin and me.  I am so thankful for my little boy who makes me smile.  I am so thankful for our families.  My list could go and on.
When I got sick in November and wasn't able to eat much of anything, I told Doug to buy a turkey so we could have our own Thanksgiving dinner when I was feeling better.  When Thanksgiving came around I could only eat very little fat and bland food, that type of diet didn't really excite me so we made our own low fat Thanksgiving dinner just a few days before Christmas.  It was really fun to cook again and we all had a great time.

No comments: